Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Recent understandings

So, I'm getting all ready for the move. It's crazy exciting! But I also have the feeling like I really won't feel it's truly real until, oh a couple months into being in Zambia. I mean then maybe I will really understand that I am living in Zambia. So, I have been trying to connect with people that have lived there to see what I should expect ie what to bring, if I should try and connect with NGOs now, etc. I have been told that the most common desires when living in Zambia are as follows:
Crystal Light (to flavor the water)
Soup mixes (to flavor the constant cassava meal)
Batteries (to energize flashlights/headlamps, since we probably won't have eletricity)
Books (to entertain, since no TV/movies, etc)
So if any of you feel so sweetly inclined to throw a package my way while we are gone, these things would be greatly appreciated :)
Also, your presence would be the best package ;) I hear Victoria Falls in Zambia is 1 of the 10 natural wonders of the world! Also, there are photo safaris. Plus, you have a window of 2 years to come visit. So come visit! We will love to see you!!! But, regardless of your ability to come visit, I will love to visit with you through letters and blog posts. I will hopefully talk to you soon before I go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

instead of batteries, try to get some of those self-charging flashlights: you shake them for a few seconds, and they shine for a few hours. I'll try to send one your way if I ever get around to buying one for myself!