Sunday, January 28, 2007

In Zambia

So we did our training in DC. Then slept for a night in South Africa. Our hotel was pretty much like we were in the US ;) Now we are in Lusaka for training. Rob an I found out that we will be in Eastern Province in Zambia. Eastern is by Malawi and Mozambique so hopefully we will be able to visit them at some point. Mayb you can visi and we can travel together ;) We are in the South part of Eastern, about 5 hours drive from Lusaka, the capital. We will be speaking Nyanje (sp?). Our training as of yet has been good. We are in a training group with about 40 other Peace Corps Volunteers and they are great. We are the only married couple, but they all seem to like us anyway ;) Tomorrow we will be going to the Northwest Province to to a site visit for a week.It is cool because it' a different part of the country. Also there is a maried couple there, the only other couple in Zambia, so it will be good to her how their experience is in Zambia. Lusaka as we have seen it so far is good. We are at a mallish area today to get stuff for our site visit. Very deveoped, most of the time it does not seem like we are in Zambia, since we are with American all the time. But it's good. We went to the Peace Corps Zambia headquarters in Lusaka it's very nice. We also got more shots, I will be sooo set with immunizations for the rest of my life ;) Our training site for the next two months has electicity and cold water from 6am-8pm, pretty sweet! So far the wildlife I've seen are toads, mosquitoes, and catepillars, saty tuned ;) So that's all for now. We are good and safe and healthy. We heard that to get cheap calling cards to Zambia you should go on www.callingcardsplus.com. We are supposed to get a cell phone today so I wil post my number shortly hopefully. Love you

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job. An update already. I am so impressed. And very happy. Glad you are getting some good training time in and that it sounds like you are meeting some great people. Keep on updating when you can. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Just so you know i am checking obsessively. lol.. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I don't even know Stacy, and already I feel bonded to her. I am an obsessive checker TOO!

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura, Mom says the number you have given her is off. She can't get through, and you know mom is trying every three hours to see if it magically fixed itself yet. So when you get a chance send her and Me TOO the number again.

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

I haven't been feeling great lately so I haven't posted anything in mail but thought I could at least drop you a line this way. Hope you are doing Fantastic. Love you. Stacy