Sunday, January 21, 2007
nerve racking
So. . . I am excited about Peace Corps, Zambia, and everything. But it's the final crunch time right before we leave, and I have to say this stuff is stressful. You know, trying to get all your financial stuff straightened out so you might leave for two years involves a crazy amount of paper work and frustration. Packing all your belongings to be put away for two years is a bit daunting. Deciding what is needed in a place that you have never been is an interesting endeavor. Not to mention, trying to get a hold of all your loved ones and chat before you go away is just plain sad and depressing :( I will miss you guys!!! Please write. Nevertheless, we will survive this part, and hopefully it will make us appreciate this experience even more ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad we had a chance to chat and see you guys this weekend! Congrats and have fun...I'll try to send you some fun "religious material" in the mail.
Love you guys. We are all proud of you. Sorry it is such a stressful time. I hope this is an amazing experience for you both.
Hope all of the packing went well! I was bad and left a mound of junk in my room before I left for the airport at 4a.m. (I was up packing until about 2a.m.). Needless to say, my mom wasn't too happy with me. It would have been ok if I was just leaving for the weekend, but not for 2 years in the Philippines!
Thank you so much for making it a point to call me and chat for an hour! It hardly does justice to catch up on the years it's been since we've really hung out, but I'm glad to know that we're still friends after everything. I'll be thinking of you a lot and checking this blog frequently. I love you and I'm rooting for you!
Post a Comment